Amendment and update
In the bottom right corner, you will find the version number and issue date. The valid version can be found on our website.
Which personal data does Vobis collect?
We register all personal data which are necessary to offer you our services. We hereby respect the principle of minimum data processing.
This is the case, for example, when you contact us, enter into a customer relationship, attend a seminar or use our website.
The following categories of personal data can be processed:
- Data related to your identification (Law of 18 September 2017 on preventing money laundering and terrorist financing and restricting the use of cash), background data and contact details;
- Tax, financial and payment information;
- All forms of personal data that you provide to us or that are obtained from you or on your behalf during the course of the handling of your file, including sensitive data insofar as this is applicable for the defense of your interests as a client and / or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a (legal) claim.
What are we using the collected personal data for?
We use your personal data to:
- Fulfill legal obligations such as identification obligation;
- Enable and improve the use of the website;
- Provide lawyer services in the broadest sense;
- Manage our client base;
- Provide commercial services, including seminars and/or news reports;
With whom do we share your personal data?
The personal data that we have obtained for the provision of lawyers services is only shared with third parties (including lawyers, notaries, accountants and tax consultants, administrative authorities, courts and tribunals, translators, financial institutions, experts, insurance companies, IT providers of Vobis) within the mandate provided.
What are the justifications we rely on?
To process your personal data, we always rely on:
- Either the permission you have given in this regard. In that case, you always have the option to withdraw your consent.
- Either for the implementation of the lawyer agreement between us;
- Either necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject to;
- In certain cases, the processing of your data may also be necessary to safeguard your essential interests or in our legitimate interest.
8.1 You can access your personal data
If you want to access the data about you that we process, please let us know.
If you exercise your right of access, we want to provide you with a complete overview of your data as possible.
8.2 You can have your personal data corrected
It is possible that certain data that we stored about you are not or no longer correct. You may always ask us to correct or complete that data.
8.3 You can have your personal data removed
If you suspect that we process certain data unlawfully, you can ask us to remove it.
8.4 You can oppose certain uses of your personal data
If you do not agree with the way in which we process certain data, you may oppose it. Opposition that we will respect unless there are mandatory grounds not to do so, which is the case, for example, if we process data to combat fraud.
8.5 You may sometimes refuse to let your data processed fully automatically
Some data processing and processes are fully automated without human intervention. We try to impart the logic of this automated process when it is relevant.
8.6 You may ask to have your data transferred to a third party
You have the right to ask that personal data that you provided us with will be transferred to you or directly to a third party. The privacy legislation does have a number of restrictions to this right, so that it does not apply to all data.
8.7 You may exercise your rights
Always be as specific as possible if you wish to exercise your rights, so we can handle your request concretely and correctly. We do have to verify your identity, to avoid someone else exercising your rights. That is why we will ask for a copy of your ID card if you make such a request.
Do you have a question or a comment, or do you no longer wish to receive certain information? Just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You no longer wish to receive our newsletter? At the bottom of every newsletter you will find a link; simply click on it to unsubscribe.
9. Hoe lang bewaart Vobis uw persoonsgegevens?
Vobis bewaart persoonsgegevens in functie van de aard van de data. Wij houden deze informatie slechts bij zolang deze nodig is voor de doeleinden waarvoor deze verzameld werden of op basis van een contract of wettelijke bepaling:
- Identificatiegegevens: 10 jaar en 1 maand vanaf de beëindiging van de klantenrelatie (Wet van 18 September 2017);
- Alle vormen van persoonsgegevens die u ons bezorgt of die tijdens het verloop van de behandeling van uw dossier van u of namens u worden verkregen, met in begrip van gevoelige gegevens voor zover dit van toepassing is op uw dossier: 10 jaar en 1 maand vanaf de beëindiging van de klantenrelatie;
- Financiële- en facturatiegegevens: 10 jaar en 1 maand vanaf de beëindiging van de klantenrelatie;
- Contactgegevens m.b.t. uitnodigingen van seminaries en nieuwsbrieven: 2 jaar na het laatste contact.
10. Beveiliging van uw persoonsgegevens door Vobis
Teneinde, in de mate van het mogelijke, de ongeoorloofde toegang tot de in dit kader verzamelde persoonsgegevens te beletten, stelt het kantoor alles in het werk op het gebied van veiligheid en organisatie.
Vobis tracht in de mate van het mogelijke met verwerkers waarop het kantoor beroep doet te voorzien in de nodige contractuele bepalingen met betrekking tot de beveiliging van de persoonsgegevens.